What are the Tasks?
Tasks are individual actions assigned to you or your teammates with a deadline. Also, it can be related to a lead, person, company, deal or project record.
Here are some important things to understand about tasks:
- A task is a single action with a deadline.
- A task might be a to-do, a phone call or a meeting. This is indicated in the task's 'Activity Type' field. You can add custom activity types.
- Tasks can be related to lead, person, company, deal or project record.
Why you need to create a task and how it will be helpful for your business?
Creating a task could be made mandatory so that they had to be checked off before a deal could be moved to the next stage.
Create a Task
Let's take a look at how to create a task :
1. Sign in to your interface 365 accounts and click the 'Tasks' icon from the menu.
2. Click the pink' plus' button.
3. You're only required to give the task a name to start. You can choose to fill out the rest of the default fields. Let's take a look at each one:
- Activity Type: This tells you what the task requires. 'To Do' activity types can be used for internal reminders for yourself or follow up with team members. The other activity types (i.e. Phone Call, Meeting, etc) can be used to track interactions with clients. When you complete the task, you have the option to log the activity and add notes. This allows you to simultaneously complete the task and log the activity in one workflow.
- Related To: Choose a lead, person, company, deal or project this task is for.
- Due Date: Set the date and time when this task should be complete.
- Assigned To: The interface 365 User who owns this task. This is typically the person who should execute the task.
- Reminder: If you'd like to receive a reminder that your task needs work before it's due, set the date and time you'd like this sent.
- Priority: Options are none or high. This determines the urgency of the task.
- Description: Any additional notes you'd like to add to move this task forward.
- Tags: Add a tag that's already in your workflow. This can be used for reporting later on.
4. Click 'Save'.