How will a VC Firm use leads, people, companies and/or deals?
Generally, a Venture Capital Firm will primarily utilize the people, company, and deal record types. As a touchpoints VC Firm will have with their network of contacts, People and company records will be used to manage the various relationship. An interface365 can be used as a shared repository of knowledge for your network, as well as document the last email or activity that your team had with and relationship.
VC Firms may not necessarily choose to use the lead record, as it may not be critical to separate your relationships or companies into different sections within interface 365. Moreover, we typically see that VC Firms want to maintain all contacts together, segmented by 'Contact Type.
How will a VC Firm structure it's a pipeline?
A VC Firm will often have different types of relationships being managed in their CRM, and you may need multiple pipelines. There are various use cases for tracking deals through a pipeline, or really, any repeatable process for your firm.
What custom fields should a VC Firm add to records?
For investments/potential investments:
- Geography (dropdown)
- Sector/Industry (dropdown)
- Company Size (segmented by drop-down options)
- Funding received (series A, B, etc..)
- Related Investors (connect fields)
- Relationship type (multi-select)
- Portfolio Size
- Estimated Net Worth (dropdown)
- Investor/Entity Type (dropdown: Individual, Trust, LLC, LP, Family Partnership)
- Domicile (for AML purposes)